Baby Parsi Poro
Serves one hungry toddler
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 5 minutes
The Parsi Poro is a traditional omelette with spices, fresh tomato and coriander. My son loves eggs and flavoursome food (unless he’s in a mood!), so we started feeding this to him around 9 months. For kids who do not have egg allergies, this is a great source of protein, and they will love the taste!
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp garlic and ginger paste mix
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Pinch ground cumin powder
- Pinch ground coriander powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tsp finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp grated cheese (optional)
- Olive oil/coconut oil/butter, for frying
NOTE – Cheese is not traditionally in a Parsi Poro, but just adds a nice cheesy flavour for the little ones.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cook in a small non-stick frying pan with a small amount of oil/butter for 2 minutes.
- Flip, and fry for a further minute until egg is thoroughly cooked.
This can be transformed into an adult Parsi Poro by doubling the recipe and adding freshly chopped chilli if you enjoy a bit of a kick!