Bacon + Egg Pots
I’ve become a bit of a brunch/high tea fan lately, and these bacon and egg pots are so easy to prepare, and totally delicious – you won’t have any leftover! They are also a great breakfast option for those in a rush – you can assemble the bacon and spinach in the fridge the night before, then just crack the eggs and bake while you get ready for the day!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 12 strips of rasher bacon with round loin removed (essentially 12 strips of the ‘streaky’ bacon)
- 36 baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 12 medium eggs
- Dried herbs/pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to fan bake, at 200°C.
- Take each strip of bacon and wrap around the inside of each hole in a standard non-stick muffin tin. NOTE – the bacon may overlap depending on how long it is, this is fine as long as there is space for the egg!
- Press 3 baby spinach leaves into the bottom of each of the 12 holes.
- Crack an egg on top of the spinach in each of the holes.
- Sprinkle each egg a pinch of dried herbs or pepper, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes if you like your bacon and egg yolks soft, or bake for 20 minutes if you like your bacon crispier and yolks firm.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave in muffin tin for 5 minutes. The bacon fat should allow you to then remove each pot very easily.