Chia Breakfast Pudding
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Chilling Time: Overnight
My Good Irani Mum purchased some chia seeds for me a while back and I thought I’d experiment making a chia pudding – which seem to be the rage in a lot of the healthy foodie circles. This was a quick and easy recipe which you simply make the night before and then top off with fruit, nuts and honey. This is a great vegetarian and gluten free breakfast idea. Who says healthy eating can’t be delicious?
- 4 tbls black chia seeds
- 1 x 270ml can light coconut milk
- Toppings of your choice (roasted or raw nuts, fresh fruit, honey, maple syrup etc)
- Soak the chia seeds in the coconut milk in a bowl and stir.
- Leave in refrigerator overnight, covered with a lid or cling wrap.
- In the morning, simply spoon into serving bowls and top with nuts, fruit and syrup as desired.