Garlic and Ginger Paste
Makes 675g of paste
Preparation Time: 2 minutes / Cooking Time: 2 minutes
If there's one thing I will always have ready in the fridge or frozen in the freezer, it's Garlic and Ginger Paste! It instantly adds flavour to any dish and is a core ingredient in almost every curry paste known to man! You can make separate garlic and ginger pastes if you wish, but I love the taste of both so just combine to save me time. I store a small container of paste in the fridge and keep parcels frozen, ready to be defrosted when I finish my current fridge supply. If using a clean spoon (so the paste does not get contaminated during cooking), it can last in the fridge for a month, and the parcels can stay in the freezer for a few months (but they never stay there that long!). You can also freeze the paste in ice cube trays, pop them out into a zip lock bag, and then use as required for an instant frozen flavour cube in your cooking.
- 300g garlic cloves, peeled
- 300g ginger, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tbls salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
NOTE - You can use 600g of either garlic or ginger to make separate pastes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and grind for 30 seconds to form a paste.
- Scraped down the sides of the processor to ensure there are no stray chunks.
- Grind for a further minute to form a fine paste. NOTE - You may see ginger 'strings' in the paste. This is normal.
Store in the fridge or freezer as required. ENJOY! GPW