Nutty Bliss Bites
Makes 40 square bites
Preparation Time: 2 minutes + 20 minutes shaping
I have been reading the title ‘Bliss Balls’ a lot on other foodie pages, so thought I’d try my own version using whatever I had in my pantry. This is a Thermomix recipe, but you can easy use a food processor instead.
- 75g walnuts (1 cup)
- 40g pistacios – no shell (1/2 cup)
- 80g sunflower seeds (1 cup)
- 95g pitted dates (1 cup)
- 30g raisins (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbl organic cacoa powder
- 15g macadamia oil (2 tbls)
- Add all ingredients except the macadamia oil to the TM bowl.
- Mix on speed 8 for 1 minute.
- Add the macadamia oil and mix a at speed 8 for further 15 seconds.
- Remove from TM bowl into a mixing bowl and leave for 5 minutes.
- Shape portions of the mixture into 2 x 2cm cubes. Alternatively, you can make balls. Place each separately on a plate. You should make approximately 40 bites.
- Place the plate in the fridge so the bites can firm up. Then transfer to a sealed container and consume within a fortnight (if they last that long!).