Parsi Style Baked Ricotta + Veggies
My cousin and his wife recently made the decision to be vegetarian, mainly for a healthy lifestyle change. With this in mind, and also the fact that I had vegetables and baked ricotta to consume on my Nowruz Table in March, I decided to whip up an Indian style vegetarian dish. This recipe is dedicated to my cousin and his wife, for their inspiration!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbl butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 hot red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 heaped cup diced baked ricotta
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, whole
- Salt (1/4 to ½ tsp, to taste)
- Few grinds of pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a medium pot, on medium heat.
- Sautee the onion for 5 minutes until lightly brown and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste, paprika, cumin and chilli. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and eggplant and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the broccoli, ricotta and cherry/grape tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately as is, or with some chapatti or flatbread if preferred.