Strawberry & Cream Teacakes
12 standard cupcakes / 6 large cupcakes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 30 minutes
After moving back home from South Korea, I had one of my late night urges to bake. However, my Thermomix hadn’t arrived, and I had no butter in the fridge. BUT, I did have strawberries and cream! So I decided to whip up some tea cakes, with just five ingredients, all by hand! I didn’t even have my measuring cups so borrowed my sister in law’s measuring scales, hence everything is in grams. The Good Parsi Hubby claims these have the best cake texture out of all my recipes, so really hope get a chance to try it out!
- 200g strawberries, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 3 eggs
- 60g raw sugar *see Note
- 250g thickened cream
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
NOTE – We like our cakes more naturally sweetened when fruit is involved, hence have only added 60g of raw sugar. If you prefer a sweeter cake, add in 80g-100g of raw sugar.
- Preheat oven on bake setting to 170⁰C.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a medium sized bowl by hand with a whisk.
- Lightly whisk in the cream.
- Add the chopped strawberries and stir gently with a spatula.
- Gently fold in the flour with the spatula until combined.
- Pour into cupcake tins lined with patty pans, or sprayed/greased with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and inserted skewer comes out clean. NOTE – Smaller cupcakes will take less time than larger cupcakes.
- Remove baking tin from oven and rest with cakes still inside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cakes to a cooling rack to coo slightly.
Serve warm with butter, and tea!