Warm Steak Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 15 minutes
I recently discovered that my iron levels were low, and coupled with the fact that I was not eating enough vegetables, I whipped up this Warm Steak Salad one night while the GPHubby was out. It’s very easy to make, and of course I had to add an Asian twist with my fish sauce and lime dressing. Enjoy!
- 2 good quality scotch fillet steaks (total of 500g), thinly sliced
- 1 tbl coconut oil, for frying
- Large handful of French beans or snow peas, ends chopped off
- 4 large mushrooms washed, peeled and sliced thickly
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tbls fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or non-stick pan and fry the steak slices until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the steak from the pan into a bowl, and leave remaining juices in the wok/pan. Cover the cooked steak with a plate or foil, and leave to rest.
- Add the beans/snow peas and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the chickpeas and stir through gently to heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the steak back into the pan and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste, shut the heat and cover while you make the sauce.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to a small bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
- Split the drained spinach between two large bowls, add half of the warm mixture on top of the spinach, and drizzle with the dressing. Toss lightly and eat!
You can use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge to make a different warm steak salad each time.